Exchange Online Archiving is a cloud-based, enterprise-class, archiving solution that can help your organization solve archiving, compliance, regulatory, and eDiscovery challenges. Exchange Online Archiving is hosted on Microsoft's globally-redundant servers with IT-level phone support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Exchange Online Archiving is compatible with Exchange Server 2013 and Exchange Server 2010. It's also available as an add-on service for mailboxes hosted in Exchange Online and Office 365.
Secure and reliable
Remain confident that your information is protected with physical and digital security measures that are advanced and dependable.
- Keep all your important data in one place by giving users an In-Place Archive with a native, well-integrated user experience.
- Immutably preserve and hold user information for discovery at later dates with In-Place Hold.
- Safeguard your data by hosting it in globally-distributed datacenters, with continuous data backup and premier disaster recovery capabilities.
- Deliver reliability, availability, and performance with a guaranteed 99.9% uptime, financially-backed service level agreement.
Stay in control
Host your archives on trusted Microsoft servers while maintaining control over your environment.
- An integrated management interface lets you manage your cloud-based archives from within the Exchange Administration Center.
- Unlimited storage is standard for every user’s archive, providing access to all historical information and easing the burden on your storage requirements.
- eDiscovery features help you to find, produce, and manage data across your organization in an easy-to-use web interface.
- IT-level phone support is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Easy to use and maintain
Provide your users with the business-class email archive they need to stay productive.
- Your users can access archived email from Outlook and Outlook Web App without having to learn new tools or UI, while helping to ensure your organization’s compliance needs are met.
- Automatic patching eliminates the time and effort needed to maintain and service your email archive system.
- Consistent and secure anywhere access to your information through Outlook and Outlook Web App.
- Improved end user performance by helping users manage their archived email within their inbox, ending the need for locally kept .pst files.
- Retention policies help users organize their information by enabling them to archive or delete items at their discretion.